Amphora Red Herdade do Rocim Organic

Amphora Red Herdade do Rocim Organic

Wine: Rocim ‘Amphora’ Red

Producer: Herdade do Rocim

Country: Portugal

Region: Alentejo

Vintage: 2018

Style: Red

Blend: Moreto 50%, Tinta Grossa 30%, Trincadeira 15%, Aragonez 5%

ABV: 12%

Size: 75cl

Organic: YES (In conversion)

Biodynamic: NO

Vegan: YES

 

Notes: Aromatic notes of black cherry, raspberry, plum & delicate vegetal notes lead to a textured palate, balanced by freshness. It reveals a salty & textural minerality through to a fresh finish. This wine is made from organically grown grapes; 70% of the vineyard is certified & the remaining 30% is in conversion.

Naturally vinified without any additions or corrections. The fruit was carefully selected, using only the highest quality berries & fermentation is with natural indigenous yeasts in traditional clay amphora pots known as ‘Tahla’. The process took place without any intervention, including temperature control & following fermentation the wine was aged for six months with skin contact which imparted complex aromatics to the wine. This may create a natural deposit in the bottle.

 

Producer Info: Herdade do Rocim is an estate located between Vidigueira & Cuba, in the Lower Alentejo. It comprises 120 hectares, 70 of which are made up of vineyards & 10 hectares of olive trees. Since its inception in 2000, Herdade do Rocim has invested heavily in the vineyards, replanting vines & introducing new varieties. They are pioneers in ‘amphora wines’, following the ancient traditions of vinification in clay pots known as ‘Tahla’. The vineyard is cultivated manually & minimal intervention is used in the cellar, to produce fresh, elegant & mineral wines. In 2018, Herdade do Rocim was awarded Best Wine Producer by Revista de Vinhos.

£32.99

Sold Out

Description

Wine: Rocim ‘Amphora’ Red

Producer: Herdade do Rocim

Country: Portugal

Region: Alentejo

Vintage: 2018

Style: Red

Blend: Moreto 50%, Tinta Grossa 30%, Trincadeira 15%, Aragonez 5%

ABV: 12%

Size: 75cl

Organic: YES (In conversion)

Biodynamic: NO

Vegan: YES

 

Notes: Aromatic notes of black cherry, raspberry, plum & delicate vegetal notes lead to a textured palate, balanced by freshness. It reveals a salty & textural minerality through to a fresh finish. This wine is made from organically grown grapes; 70% of the vineyard is certified & the remaining 30% is in conversion.

Naturally vinified without any additions or corrections. The fruit was carefully selected, using only the highest quality berries & fermentation is with natural indigenous yeasts in traditional clay amphora pots known as ‘Tahla’. The process took place without any intervention, including temperature control & following fermentation the wine was aged for six months with skin contact which imparted complex aromatics to the wine. This may create a natural deposit in the bottle.

 

Producer Info: Herdade do Rocim is an estate located between Vidigueira & Cuba, in the Lower Alentejo. It comprises 120 hectares, 70 of which are made up of vineyards & 10 hectares of olive trees. Since its inception in 2000, Herdade do Rocim has invested heavily in the vineyards, replanting vines & introducing new varieties. They are pioneers in ‘amphora wines’, following the ancient traditions of vinification in clay pots known as ‘Tahla’. The vineyard is cultivated manually & minimal intervention is used in the cellar, to produce fresh, elegant & mineral wines. In 2018, Herdade do Rocim was awarded Best Wine Producer by Revista de Vinhos.

Additional information

Vintage

2018

country

Type

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close